Friday, June 26, 2009

Where I’ve been, who I’ve met – Part 1

I’m going to start catching up here a little bit at a time. Last Wednesday, the 17th, I went to the American Folk Art Museum to see the Paula Nadelstern exhibit. Seeing her work up close, in real life, was a thrill. Every quilt is amazing. If you are going to be anywhere in the vicinity of NYC during the next few months, you should do whatever you have to do to make sure you get to see this exhibit. It’s open thru September 13. They also have a table with a bunch of fancy real kaleidoscopes that you can play with. It was a lot of fun.

In the afternoon, I met up with Henya of Chicken Stitches at the Lion Brand Yarn Studio. We sat for about an hour talking life and knitting. I showed her my redwork embroidery and she showed me a few knitting and crocheting projects she is working on. Henya also advised me on how to go about making my first pair of socks and which yarn to buy. I had bought the book Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson, the day before  and we went through it to decide which are the easiest toe and heel to start with. Here’s the yarn I bought to make the socks.

When Henya first came in she took out a little plastic bag with some wonderful little gifts for me. First there was two skeins of a beautiful yarn from Russia. It really is from Russia, the label is all in Russian!

Then Henya took out some of her stitch markers she brought for me that she sells in her Etsy store! Here are the adorable little things.

It was fun to meet Henya. She’s such a nice person. You can see that when you read her blog. Here’s a picture of us in front of lots of colorful yarns.

Have a good weekend,

Debbie

0 friends to thank for taking the time to comment.:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and like to reply to the people who take the time to comment. If you are a no-reply blogger, which means that your email address is not set up in your profile, or you don't have a profile, please leave it in the text of your comment. Thanks!