Monday, July 2, 2012

The next cherry pie


My husband brought home yet more cherries this week. That called for another pie, which came out perfect this time. My son topped it with a crumb topping.


My son also made challah. I'm so fascinated by the dome that develops from the rising of the dough.


After braiding and rising again

After baking


No topping on the challah as one of the children in the family we had over for lunch is allergic to sesame seeds and peanuts. So, to be extra careful, they were just left naked.


Enjoy!

Debbie

6 comments:

  1. Both the pie and the challah look delish! Your son is quite the baker. My son cooks, but baking is a gift. My daughter has it. We both tried to make an angel food cake once. I measured carefully, whipped my egg whites just so, and tenderly baked it. My daughter threw hers together, I think she even left in some egg shell (not really, I exaggerate). Hers came out sky high. Mine less so. It's a gift. She has it, my hubby has it, I do not. You both apparently have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pie and beautiful challos! And in this heat it is quite a wonderful fit! Mine were very sticky, not braidable, so they ended up as a pull apart rectangle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum.... i can smell it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Now I'm craving cherry pie too! And I think Challah is good with or without the sesame seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked bread. I'm sure your house must have smelled wonderful with bread and a cherry pie :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and like to reply to the people who take the time to comment. If you are a no-reply blogger, which means that your email address is not set up in your profile, or you don't have a profile, please leave it in the text of your comment. Thanks!