Wednesday, July 25, 2012

TAST Week 30 + knitter winner


The winner of Henya's stitch markers is Sarah, who said "i am a subscriber of henya's blog! i have been for quite some time actually lol"! Congratulations, Sarah! I will be emailing you shortly for your address. Thank you to everyone who entered and are now readers of Henya's blog.

This week's TAST is the Oyster stitch. I just did a little doodling with it. Sharon B.'s image tutorials are very good, but I do better with video. Another great video tutorial by Mary Corbet! Don't know what I would do without her!



One of Mary's recent posts at Needle 'n Thread is about Random Stitch Samplers. What she shows is sort of what I've been doing with the TAST stitches. Five or six of the stitches are not on this sampler, they were done on individual pieces of fabric, for various reasons. 

I had been thinking of cutting them all up and then mounting them on other fabric to make a band sampler, but I decided to keep it the way it is. I will add more fabric to lengthen the piece for continuing the TAST. I will also add temporary pieces of fabric to the sides (after trimming and straightening) so I can fill in more spaces on the sides of the main fabric. For those not experienced in embroidery and may not understand what I'm doing, the extra, temporary, fabric is in order to have support for a hoop in that area.




Enjoy,

Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Very nicely done oyster stitching and thanks for the link again to Mary Corbet's video. Her instructions and videos are so nice and clear and very helpful. Your sampler of stitches is looking great and so colourful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun and colorful sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very happy for Sarah! Glad she won. And many, many thanks to you for running the contest. Meanwhile I am replicating the orange skirt you liked so much and working on the tutorial for it.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really a fan of knits and embroideries but I find this really cute!

    http://blabberquene.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am such a fan. Thanx for the compliment on my post. i WILL pick up embroidery one day agai. then I will referencing your blog alot. Embroidery was the first sewing skill I learnt as a child.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and like to reply to the people who take the time to comment. If you are a no-reply blogger, which means that your email address is not set up in your profile, or you don't have a profile, please leave it in the text of your comment. Thanks!